Well relatively far anyhow. Some of my work will be showing with Farmer Fine Arts at the Cambridge art fair this coming weekend. Andrew Farmer is a fine and ridiculously prolific painter himself and he invited me to exhibit with his gallery along with some real up and coming painting talent. Take a look at his site and even better if you can make to that part of the country take a look at the fair. Look out especially for Tom Stevenson and Maria Rose who are ones to watch for the future. I really ought to get some painting swaps sorted while I still can!
As well as some larger work I’ve packaged up some of my life class studies for the fair too.
Closer to home I’ll be exhibiting with the Portishead Arts painters at the Portishead Lido Cafe again at the end of this month.
I’ll be showing some dinky little ship paintings that I’ve enjoyed creating over the last few weeks along with some recent plein air painting work fresh off the easel, yesterday in fact. I’m really enjoying this low winter sun.
P.s. if anyone has the Sky Arts channel then you might be able to spot me in the background of the recent episode of Landscape Artist of the Year. It was on last week but it should be on catch up. I’ve not seen it but I’ve seen some shared screen shots. I’m the one wearing an apron that looks like it’s been involved in some kind of dirty protest.
I was one of 50 wildcard entries painting Worm’s Head on the Gower, this was in addition to the 6 artists selected for that heat. It was a really enjoyable experience being in a group of artists who were all excited to be there. It was great to meet so many artists face to face and I hope our paths will keep on crossing. As a bonus we were able to park up the campervan in the crew field which had a spectacular view of Worm’s Head.
It was really interesting to see the programme being made and it was great to meet *spoiler alert* the heat winner Alice Boggis-Rolfe Art who I’ve followed on social media for a few years and knew my work too. But even better I got to speak to and shake the hand of Tai-Shen Schierenberg, one of the judges, I love his work. Unfortunately my painting didn’t work out so well, my foreground turned to non drying gravy, I painted over some of the brown mess when I got home, too late for the programme though. There’s always next year…
The application process is open for next year already if you fancy giving it a go. I can really recommend it if you are able to make any of the heat locations.
- RWA Open Exhibition and back to Cornwall
- Marina Painting this Weekend (5-6th Aug) and my Summer Painting Tour of Britain
- Say Hello BS9 arts trail, Wave Goodbye N. Somerset Arts Week.
- Final weekend of my Open Studio
- My Open Studio Weekends in Portishead
- Clifton Suspension Bridge and More
- Selected for ING Discerning Eye for Third Year
- Another Lido show last weekend of November
- Portishead Lido show up and running
- Group Show at the Lido Cafe in Portishead & more
- In Bristol, Clevedon and Wells this month…
- Somerset Levels
- Everything has gone green
- Currently Exhibiting in Bristol and Bath
- To Hail and Back, a painting trip to Cornwall
- Mother and Welsh Dresser / Mam a’r Seld
- 2015 round up
- ROI and the Taylor Wessing Exhibitions
- Once Again Selected for ING Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries, London
- Another successful Portrait Course
- RWA Open Exhibition and the last chance in Clifton Village
- Currently exhibiting in…
- Update on Clifton Arts Club Open
- Clifton Arts Club Open Exhibition
- Eira Price Sketches
- Art Challenge Wales Plein Air Portcawl
- Exhibiting in Bristol and Portishead
- Bank Holiday visit to Wales
- The Sun has set on N. Som. Arts Week 2015
- My studio is open again tomorrow, Sat 9th and Sun 10th #NSAW #Venue10
- North Somerset Arts Week, Venue 10 in Portishead. Price, Sergeant, Lilley
- Paintings by Richard Sergeant also available at my Open Studio #NSAW15 #Venue10
- Open Studio – Bank Hol Weekend
- The Sea Can Be Turquoise?
- Double Art – End of term life class report
- Chilly #pleinair #painting from #batterypoint #portishead
- Preview of North Somerset Arts Week Brochure entry for my open studio #NSAW
- Recent Oil Portrait Sketches
- Tools of trade #painting #art #portishead
- Have a Very Berry Christmas!
- Clevedon pop up gallery is going well and a new spot in Bristol
- A new pop up gallery is opening in Clevedon
- I’ve been selected for the ING Discerning Eye Exhibition at the Mall Galleries, London. Opens tomorrow.
- Recent #oilportraits – everythings gone grey
- Sadly the Andrew James #oilpainting #portrait #course is over for another year. #bristol #portishead
- A #Clevedon #pleinair #painting round-up
- A new modernist direction? #painting #isitart
- Loved Clevedon Art Club Private view last night #clevedon
- Holiday Snaps from Brittany #pleinair