This weekend I’m really excited to be taking part in the Marina Arts Trial in Portishead, I’ve had a small part in organising it along with the other Portishead Arts people and will be doing a demo on Saturday, wish me luck. Saturday is all about people coming along and joining in to do something arty. We’ll be supplying acrylic paint, boards and brushes, there’ll also be felting workshops and a pastel demo by Michelle Lucking. We’ll be hanging all the work around the Marina ready for Sunday which will be a day of celebration and relaxation for me as I won’t have to do a demo. I’m really looking forward to Paris, a renowned graffiti artist, painting a 25 foot yacht! I might do a painting of him painting. There’ll also be some skateboard trickery, the whole weekend is also raising money for youth projects in Portishead, you can pledge to buy one of the created art works online here, get in quick to bag a bargain, there are a limited number left.
Here’s a Marina painting from June.
Apologies for it being such a long time since the last post. I’ve been doing plenty of outdoor air painting all around the country, I only realised how much while writing this.
I’ve long heard about the Buxton Spa Prize competition and this year I had an opportunity to take part. I spent a warm, sunny day painting outside in the most gorgeous market town. The visit coincided with a farmers market that kept me well fed for the next few days too.
I spent a weekend at Priddy folk festival at the start of July, a chance to paint and sketch some performers as well as the crowds.
I went from there to a one day course with artist Richard Pikesley NEAC and by contrast painted some arable farm scenes in Wiltshire and picked up some tips too, mostly look harder!
I then had an opportunity to paint on the Gower with a load of other artists. The weather was so changeable I was oblivious to a red sunburnt neck until it was too late, the drizzle was deceptive. Apparently it’s not enough to have sun-tan lotion in your bag at your feet, you need to put it on your skin.
Last weekend I took part in Pintar Rapido, Europe’s largest outdoor painting event that runs annually in the Chelsea area of London. I did a little painting of the Albert Bridge in Chelsea on the day before that I was pleased with despite having left my turps at home.
The prize ceremony on Sunday was a great opportunity to meet up with artists that I’ve previously only known through social media, one of whom Adam Ralston I’ve admired for a long while and I was very pleased when he was announced as the ultimate winner. Congratulations Adam.
More painting trips are coming up, look out for a bit of Cornwall followed by a bit more Wales. I can’t wait and I hope to see some of you this weekend.
Also don’t forget the Clevedon Art Club Open exhibition which opens and I’ll hopefully get some work selected for, perhaps some of these.
- Say Hello BS9 arts trail, Wave Goodbye N. Somerset Arts Week.
- Final weekend of my Open Studio
- My Open Studio Weekends in Portishead
- Clifton Suspension Bridge and More
- Selected for ING Discerning Eye for Third Year
- Another Lido show last weekend of November
- Portishead Lido show up and running
- Group Show at the Lido Cafe in Portishead & more
- In Bristol, Clevedon and Wells this month…
- Somerset Levels
- Everything has gone green
- Currently Exhibiting in Bristol and Bath
- To Hail and Back, a painting trip to Cornwall
- Mother and Welsh Dresser / Mam a’r Seld
- 2015 round up
- ROI and the Taylor Wessing Exhibitions
- Once Again Selected for ING Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries, London
- Another successful Portrait Course
- RWA Open Exhibition and the last chance in Clifton Village
- Currently exhibiting in…
- Update on Clifton Arts Club Open
- Clifton Arts Club Open Exhibition
- Eira Price Sketches
- Art Challenge Wales Plein Air Portcawl
- Exhibiting in Bristol and Portishead
- Bank Holiday visit to Wales
- The Sun has set on N. Som. Arts Week 2015
- My studio is open again tomorrow, Sat 9th and Sun 10th #NSAW #Venue10
- North Somerset Arts Week, Venue 10 in Portishead. Price, Sergeant, Lilley
- Paintings by Richard Sergeant also available at my Open Studio #NSAW15 #Venue10
- Open Studio – Bank Hol Weekend
- The Sea Can Be Turquoise?
- Double Art – End of term life class report
- Chilly #pleinair #painting from #batterypoint #portishead
- Preview of North Somerset Arts Week Brochure entry for my open studio #NSAW
- Recent Oil Portrait Sketches
- Tools of trade #painting #art #portishead
- Have a Very Berry Christmas!
- Clevedon pop up gallery is going well and a new spot in Bristol
- A new pop up gallery is opening in Clevedon
- I’ve been selected for the ING Discerning Eye Exhibition at the Mall Galleries, London. Opens tomorrow.
- Recent #oilportraits – everythings gone grey
- Sadly the Andrew James #oilpainting #portrait #course is over for another year. #bristol #portishead
- A #Clevedon #pleinair #painting round-up
- A new modernist direction? #painting #isitart
- Loved Clevedon Art Club Private view last night #clevedon
- Holiday Snaps from Brittany #pleinair
- Severn Bridges from Portbury Wharf, Portishead.
- Clifton Arts Club Open exhibition starts this week in #bristol