I’m very proud to share that I’ve had a painting selected for the ING Discerning Eye exhibition in London for the third year in succession. My selected work is an oil painting of a peat black ploughed field from a weekend on the Somerset Levels in the Spring.
The Discerning Eye annual exhibition is a show of small works independently selected by six prominent figures from different areas of the art world: two artists, two collectors and two critics. This gives the impression of six individually curated exhibitions with separate personalities. They always have a “celebrity” collector, this year it is Celia Imrie. It’s alway interesting to see who has picked your work and how it fits in on their wall.
It was originally supported by the late Brian Sewell who thought that small works were often overlooked in the art market.
Here is this years work along with my previous submissions and private view photos. (Note to self, work harder to avoid appalling glare in photos!)
It’s well worth a visit if you are in London but if you can’t make it then don’t forget that you can see my work at the Portishead Lido cafe again in a few weeks from the 25-27th of November. I’ll be exhibiting again with the Portishead Arts group.
The 2016 Discerning Eye Exhibition will be open from Thursday 17 November until Sunday 27 November, between 10am and 5pm daily, at the Mall Galleries, The Mall, London SW1, just to be clear that I’m not talking about a Bristol shopping centre. Admission will be free and all the works will be for sale.
- Another Lido show last weekend of November
- Portishead Lido show up and running
- Group Show at the Lido Cafe in Portishead & more
- In Bristol, Clevedon and Wells this month…
- Somerset Levels
- Everything has gone green
- Currently Exhibiting in Bristol and Bath
- To Hail and Back, a painting trip to Cornwall
- Mother and Welsh Dresser / Mam a’r Seld
- 2015 round up
- ROI and the Taylor Wessing Exhibitions
- Once Again Selected for ING Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries, London
- Another successful Portrait Course
- RWA Open Exhibition and the last chance in Clifton Village
- Currently exhibiting in…
- Update on Clifton Arts Club Open
- Clifton Arts Club Open Exhibition
- Eira Price Sketches
- Art Challenge Wales Plein Air Portcawl
- Exhibiting in Bristol and Portishead
- Bank Holiday visit to Wales
- The Sun has set on N. Som. Arts Week 2015
- My studio is open again tomorrow, Sat 9th and Sun 10th #NSAW #Venue10
- North Somerset Arts Week, Venue 10 in Portishead. Price, Sergeant, Lilley
- Paintings by Richard Sergeant also available at my Open Studio #NSAW15 #Venue10
- Open Studio – Bank Hol Weekend
- The Sea Can Be Turquoise?
- Double Art – End of term life class report
- Chilly #pleinair #painting from #batterypoint #portishead
- Preview of North Somerset Arts Week Brochure entry for my open studio #NSAW
- Recent Oil Portrait Sketches
- Tools of trade #painting #art #portishead
- Have a Very Berry Christmas!
- Clevedon pop up gallery is going well and a new spot in Bristol
- A new pop up gallery is opening in Clevedon
- I’ve been selected for the ING Discerning Eye Exhibition at the Mall Galleries, London. Opens tomorrow.
- Recent #oilportraits – everythings gone grey
- Sadly the Andrew James #oilpainting #portrait #course is over for another year. #bristol #portishead
- A #Clevedon #pleinair #painting round-up
- A new modernist direction? #painting #isitart
- Loved Clevedon Art Club Private view last night #clevedon
- Holiday Snaps from Brittany #pleinair
- Severn Bridges from Portbury Wharf, Portishead.
- Clifton Arts Club Open exhibition starts this week in #bristol
- Mam #oil #portrait #aging #oldage
- Kenneth Clarke Civilisation @tatebritain
- Great to chat to so many people @biggreenweek yesterday
- Exhibiting paintings in #bristolsbiggreenweek on Sat 21st June
- Forgot to post this photo of #pleinair #seascape #painting in situ last week