This morning I got set up for the NSA #65 show in Nailsea, this evening I looked around the venue for the BS9 art trail at Elmlea school and lunchtime I found out I’ve had a painting selected for the New English Art Club for the first time EVER.
Come and celebrate the post hump 2018 with me at the private view of the NSA exhibition #65 on Friday (13th April). Ignore the fact it’s Friday the 13th and get out from under your duvet, it’s all downhill from here, see you there.
I’m particularly excited about finally getting a piece into the NEAC show at the Mall Galleries. One of the first “proper” artist’s I met was the marvellous Dawn Sidoli NEAC RWA who has always been overwhelmingly supportive of my efforts over quite a large number of years of no NEAC luck, so I’m relieved to feel I’ve rewarded her faith.
To quote from the press release, ahem…
“Work by a local artist has been selected from over 1,600 entries to appear alongside paintings by some of Britain’s leading figurative artists. The New English Art Club’s annual exhibition is on display at Mall Galleries in central London between 15 and 23 June 2018.
Continuing to build on its tradition of painting and drawing from observation, the New English is a vibrant and diverse group of visual artists whose work is highly collectible and widely admired.
Its Annual Exhibition is a showcase for members and gives aspiring artists an opportunity to exhibit alongside some of the best figurative artists working today in painting, drawing and printmaking.
Many diverse styles of art have developed since its founding in 1886, adding richness and variety. The New English aims to foster excellence in all its activities and continues to assist and encourage the art of painting to develop even more expressive possibilities.”
Some of the “richness and variety” in my selected work was added by it being blown off the easel and rolling down the slope leaving all sorts of exciting vertical marks which I embraced.
The show in Bath is still on until Mid-May, get along if you can, it’s a cracker.
- On view in Clifton, Bath Society of Artists and the Mall Galleries this weekend
- March at the Mall Galleries
- Thanks for your support in 2017
- Lido Cafe Exhibition Opens Friday
- Opportunities to see my paintings near and far
- RWA Open Exhibition and back to Cornwall
- Marina Painting this Weekend (5-6th Aug) and my Summer Painting Tour of Britain
- Say Hello BS9 arts trail, Wave Goodbye N. Somerset Arts Week.
- Final weekend of my Open Studio
- My Open Studio Weekends in Portishead
- Clifton Suspension Bridge and More
- Selected for ING Discerning Eye for Third Year
- Another Lido show last weekend of November
- Portishead Lido show up and running
- Group Show at the Lido Cafe in Portishead & more
- In Bristol, Clevedon and Wells this month…
- Somerset Levels
- Everything has gone green
- Currently Exhibiting in Bristol and Bath
- To Hail and Back, a painting trip to Cornwall
- Mother and Welsh Dresser / Mam a’r Seld
- 2015 round up
- ROI and the Taylor Wessing Exhibitions
- Once Again Selected for ING Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries, London
- Another successful Portrait Course
- RWA Open Exhibition and the last chance in Clifton Village
- Currently exhibiting in…
- Update on Clifton Arts Club Open
- Clifton Arts Club Open Exhibition
- Eira Price Sketches
- Art Challenge Wales Plein Air Portcawl
- Exhibiting in Bristol and Portishead
- Bank Holiday visit to Wales
- The Sun has set on N. Som. Arts Week 2015
- My studio is open again tomorrow, Sat 9th and Sun 10th #NSAW #Venue10
- North Somerset Arts Week, Venue 10 in Portishead. Price, Sergeant, Lilley
- Paintings by Richard Sergeant also available at my Open Studio #NSAW15 #Venue10
- Open Studio – Bank Hol Weekend
- The Sea Can Be Turquoise?
- Double Art – End of term life class report
- Chilly #pleinair #painting from #batterypoint #portishead
- Preview of North Somerset Arts Week Brochure entry for my open studio #NSAW
- Recent Oil Portrait Sketches
- Tools of trade #painting #art #portishead
- Have a Very Berry Christmas!
- Clevedon pop up gallery is going well and a new spot in Bristol
- A new pop up gallery is opening in Clevedon
- I’ve been selected for the ING Discerning Eye Exhibition at the Mall Galleries, London. Opens tomorrow.
- Recent #oilportraits – everythings gone grey