I am one of 83 artists from across the UK shortlisted for the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2018, the UK’s leading competition for British contemporary representational painting and drawing. Having made the shortlist my work will be exhibited at London’s Mall Galleries from 5–17 March. 1,144 artists entered this year’s competition – the highest number in the prize’s 13-year history.
Not only that but I’ve also been selected for the subsequent exhibition at the Mall, the Royal Society of British Artists.
The Royal Society of British Artists (RBA) is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of skill, concept and draughtsmanship in painting, sculpture, printmaking and drawing and runs from 21-31 March 2018
The RBA works including my painting are now available to browse online at the Mall Galleries website.
It’s always exciting to be selected for the Mall exhibitions, I’ve not submitted to either show before so it’s particularly encouraging to be part of these successive and prestigious shows.
Both are works that are representative of the way I work and the local area of Portishead. A cargo ship sailing to Avonmouth docks Wallenius Wilhelmsen, exhibited at the LPS (header image above) and the sun glinting through the lens of Black Nore Lighthouse, Borrowed Light exhibited at the RBA.
If you are in London take a look but otherwise come and see my work more locally in April at the North Somerset Arts pop up shop in Nailsea. 11-22nd April, 65 High Street, Nailsea, BS48 1AW.
- Thanks for your support in 2017
- Lido Cafe Exhibition Opens Friday
- Opportunities to see my paintings near and far
- RWA Open Exhibition and back to Cornwall
- Marina Painting this Weekend (5-6th Aug) and my Summer Painting Tour of Britain
- Say Hello BS9 arts trail, Wave Goodbye N. Somerset Arts Week.
- Final weekend of my Open Studio
- My Open Studio Weekends in Portishead
- Clifton Suspension Bridge and More
- Selected for ING Discerning Eye for Third Year
- Another Lido show last weekend of November
- Portishead Lido show up and running
- Group Show at the Lido Cafe in Portishead & more
- In Bristol, Clevedon and Wells this month…
- Somerset Levels
- Everything has gone green
- Currently Exhibiting in Bristol and Bath
- To Hail and Back, a painting trip to Cornwall
- Mother and Welsh Dresser / Mam a’r Seld
- 2015 round up
- ROI and the Taylor Wessing Exhibitions
- Once Again Selected for ING Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries, London
- Another successful Portrait Course
- RWA Open Exhibition and the last chance in Clifton Village
- Currently exhibiting in…
- Update on Clifton Arts Club Open
- Clifton Arts Club Open Exhibition
- Eira Price Sketches
- Art Challenge Wales Plein Air Portcawl
- Exhibiting in Bristol and Portishead
- Bank Holiday visit to Wales
- The Sun has set on N. Som. Arts Week 2015
- My studio is open again tomorrow, Sat 9th and Sun 10th #NSAW #Venue10
- North Somerset Arts Week, Venue 10 in Portishead. Price, Sergeant, Lilley
- Paintings by Richard Sergeant also available at my Open Studio #NSAW15 #Venue10
- Open Studio – Bank Hol Weekend
- The Sea Can Be Turquoise?
- Double Art – End of term life class report
- Chilly #pleinair #painting from #batterypoint #portishead
- Preview of North Somerset Arts Week Brochure entry for my open studio #NSAW
- Recent Oil Portrait Sketches
- Tools of trade #painting #art #portishead
- Have a Very Berry Christmas!
- Clevedon pop up gallery is going well and a new spot in Bristol
- A new pop up gallery is opening in Clevedon
- I’ve been selected for the ING Discerning Eye Exhibition at the Mall Galleries, London. Opens tomorrow.
- Recent #oilportraits – everythings gone grey
- Sadly the Andrew James #oilpainting #portrait #course is over for another year. #bristol #portishead
- A #Clevedon #pleinair #painting round-up