I’ll be opening my studio for North Somerset arts week again 11.00am to 6.00pm over the May Day Bank Holiday weekend (including BH Monday) and the following weekend, 4th, 5th, 6th and 11th and 12th of May. If you can’t make these dates and are local we’ll be opening up on Weds evening 8th May 5.30 to 8.00pm.
This time I’ll be sharing the venue with incredibly talented local printmaker Ruth Ander. Ruth layers unique prints on Japanese paper, she’ll be presenting a range of work including new work evoking the estuary location.
Hopefully there is something for everyone to enjoy, come along to browse, chat, listen, eat, drink or explore…
As in previous year’s Black Nore lighthouse will be open for visitors to climb inside during the afternoon while I’m open. This is accessible via the garden and I’ll be selling tea and cakes in support of its upkeep.
I’ll have a large number of new plein air oil paintings of the local area and from further afield on show for the first time as well as new studio paintings, apologies for not sharing more on the blog recently. Much of my new work is exploring the fast changing light at dawn and dusk.
I’ll also be showing some examples of my portraiture and life class work.
Also I’ll have Raku pottery by Brian and “Nibs” Fowler at the venue, they’ll be exhibiting a range of vessels, bowls and figures that show this exciting medium off to the maximum. If you’ve never seen the Raku process before it’s fiery and unpredictable, there will be a couple of Raku burnings in the garden on the final Sunday when you’ll have an opportunity to scrub off the carbon yourself and reveal what the process has created.
Finally I’ll be showcasing some estuary soundscapes by a local producer Dave Howell to add to the atmosphere. When that’s not on I’ll be playing a bit of vinyl on my turntable, or LPs if you are my age.
So something for everyone, hope to see you there.
- Clifton Exhibition closes and Clevedon opens
- Where are you going to go this weekend?
- Over the hump in 2018
- On view in Clifton, Bath Society of Artists and the Mall Galleries this weekend
- March at the Mall Galleries
- Thanks for your support in 2017
- Lido Cafe Exhibition Opens Friday
- Opportunities to see my paintings near and far
- RWA Open Exhibition and back to Cornwall
- Marina Painting this Weekend (5-6th Aug) and my Summer Painting Tour of Britain
- Say Hello BS9 arts trail, Wave Goodbye N. Somerset Arts Week.
- Final weekend of my Open Studio
- My Open Studio Weekends in Portishead
- Clifton Suspension Bridge and More
- Selected for ING Discerning Eye for Third Year
- Another Lido show last weekend of November
- Portishead Lido show up and running
- Group Show at the Lido Cafe in Portishead & more
- In Bristol, Clevedon and Wells this month…
- Somerset Levels
- Everything has gone green
- Currently Exhibiting in Bristol and Bath
- To Hail and Back, a painting trip to Cornwall
- Mother and Welsh Dresser / Mam a’r Seld
- 2015 round up
- ROI and the Taylor Wessing Exhibitions
- Once Again Selected for ING Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries, London
- Another successful Portrait Course
- RWA Open Exhibition and the last chance in Clifton Village
- Currently exhibiting in…
- Update on Clifton Arts Club Open
- Clifton Arts Club Open Exhibition
- Eira Price Sketches
- Art Challenge Wales Plein Air Portcawl
- Exhibiting in Bristol and Portishead
- Bank Holiday visit to Wales
- The Sun has set on N. Som. Arts Week 2015
- My studio is open again tomorrow, Sat 9th and Sun 10th #NSAW #Venue10
- North Somerset Arts Week, Venue 10 in Portishead. Price, Sergeant, Lilley
- Paintings by Richard Sergeant also available at my Open Studio #NSAW15 #Venue10
- Open Studio – Bank Hol Weekend
- The Sea Can Be Turquoise?
- Double Art – End of term life class report
- Chilly #pleinair #painting from #batterypoint #portishead
- Preview of North Somerset Arts Week Brochure entry for my open studio #NSAW
- Recent Oil Portrait Sketches
- Tools of trade #painting #art #portishead
- Have a Very Berry Christmas!
- Clevedon pop up gallery is going well and a new spot in Bristol